06 July 2010

OH TO SIT + SIP

it's fair to say it's been a while.

and i find myself about to write an epic post...but friends...i fear this would not be good for you nor me right now.

there is much to say about the highs + lows of june + early july. this evening though i am taking a simple step back to the land of blog...then a cup of tea has my name on it {unfortunately with a side order of ironing i might add!}

the subject :: have you tried these floral black teas?

i have to say that they are a true delight to sip. i have been all too fond of the coffee pot lately...topping up with {dare i admit it? oh just did then} instants to keep me perky when sleep hasn't been of the generous portions i dream of. so it is good to reacquaint myself with something a little more elegant in my day. rose garden is my favourite. perfect for now. a little bit english country garden twee...a little bit middle eastern exotic. i have tried it accompanied by both battenberg and a date...both are incredibly right.

i have been experimenting with the new design feature on blogger...have you been tempted? i am not too happy with my meddling ways and feel a compulsion to sit and get it properly sorted but that's a job {indulgence} for another evening.

hope you're all enjoying high summer. i'm looking forward to sharing nice tales of a real life meeting with another blogger...a summer ball...creations that i have actually finished stitching...japanese craft books to make you beam + how our wee girl continues to steal our hearts and break them a little more when she gets poorly. back soon folks. x

3 comments:

  1. Will definitely be trying these.
    I never used to be a black tea drinker until I started working at school. We have to bring our own tea and milk in, so after a few weeks of (not very successfully) remembering to bringing in little bottles of milk every week, I gave up and now I just drink black earl grey or lemon green tea. I'm not a big fruit/herbal tea drinker, but I like the citrusy ones.

    You sound like the last month has been pretty exhausting, either physically or emotionally or maybe both. I hope things get easier and that Elsa gets better.

    Jessx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to see you back. I love coffee but have recently been experiencing the same problem of caffeine related insomnia- put it down to hitting my 30s!

    Can't wait to hear about your summer antics. Cx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are back.

    I will hunt out the teas, sound like just the thing.

    The design button has been winking at me, but so far i have resisted, i am terrified of losing everything. However it appears you have discovered the secret to getting things on the left hand side. You have inspired to tinker.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete

thank you from the heart for leaving me a message...your hellos and encouragement mean a lot to me! i will do my very best to reply individually to each comment via the same post so do check back. x