06 August 2012
Beans and Berries
can i talk you through?
1. we have harvested our first beans! very exciting (for us) and as my dad got them started from seed so we shared the goodness with him and my mum for sunday lunch. there is a crazy amount of rain coming and going here and that with the odd bit of summer sun has made for a tasty crop. i just picked a courgette too. the buzz of bringing in a little veggie a few steps from the garden to the kitchen is something i don't think i'll ever tire of.
2. elsa calls these "Straw Berries". you have to say it as 2 words. it is the law. makes me smile.
3. what are your thoughts on writing on walls at home? i adore these decals and have a couple in our home already. i don't want my own attempt to look cheesy but i really love this and have been thinking of having it somewhere where we can see it every day. at the moment i just hand wrote it on paper and have it stuck on a beam above the bed. hoping to paint it on this week.
4. more more and more sewing projects.
5. beautiful roses from my folks for said sunday lunch. that is a gingham cover for an ikea glass jar.
ok new week...may you be a productive one!